Advertisement

Blacksmith at Pennsic?

topic posted Sun, July 19, 2009 - 8:10 PM by  Ziah
Share/Save/Bookmark
Many, many, many years ago I stayed with some vendors and our next door neighbor was a blacksmith with a forge set up. Does anyone know if he, or anyone, still has a smithy on site? My camp has fancy posts for our camp walls and lanterns that after many years of use a all out of shape and need to be put to rights.
posted by:
Ziah
Atlanta
Advertisement
  • Re: Blacksmith at Pennsic?

Mon, July 20, 2009 - 4:07 AM
    There are usually at least two blacksmiths with forges that I remember. Both are in the newer marketplace near the food court. One is usually down in the corner along Currie Road where the camp road leads out to the battlefield; the other is on the other side of the food court and is called Livonia Smithy or something similar. Don't know if they'd take commision work, of course, but they might.

Mon, July 20, 2009 - 6:14 AM
    In addition to Livonia, the ones next door to the giant ger are called Rabenwald, and I believe they have smithed onsite in the past, don't know about this year.
    There have also been a number of pan forges down at Trimaris camp for the blacksmithing practical classes.

Mon, July 20, 2009 - 6:30 AM
    down near the lost boys is the trimarian smithies, for the classes. Magic badger usually has his setup over near the barn in his merchant tent. there is, i think gypsy fire or some name like that in the corner of the merchant area behind the italian ice, and then there is another one in the merchant area closest to athelmark royal.

So yea, there are a few around.

Recent topics in "Pennsic War"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Back again Achbar 3 December 29, 2013
Pennsic Crossfit? Aaron / Haroun 1 November 2, 2013
Ok, who is left? Achbar 15 July 21, 2013
folding x chair abu Shadi 23 November 23, 2012